[wtr-general] Watir Website Updates
Titus Fortner
2018-08-04 04:10:51 UTC
I've been doing a good job of tweeting about new Watir blog posts
(http://watir.com/blog/). If you don't already follow our Twitter
account: https://twitter.com/watir_team

I've been doing a bad job of sending out messages on this mailing list when
I've made updates, I'll try to remember to do that.

The biggest item of note is that we hired someone to fix up the design and
code of the website so that it is better organized and looks more
professional. This made it easier for me to finish what we started 2 years
ago and add in some content that was missing.

I went through and updated all of the Guides (http://watir.com/guides/) to
delete obviously outdated material. I expounded on several of the topics
and added some code examples in places as well. The biggest improvement is
in the Locating Elements Guide (http://watir.com/guides/locating/). Check
it out, maybe you'll discover your new favorite locator that you didn't
know Watir supported.

If you have any interest in helping add content or code examples to the
Guides, please feel free to contribute, the process is pretty
straightforward.

I'd like to ask for feedback on two things.

First, the new website has not had comments associated with the blog posts.
Our chosen website technology (Jekyll) does not support it by default. We
have a few options to add on to it, and if you have an opinion on the
matter, please let us know. The discussion is here:
https://github.com/watir/watir.github.io/issues/4

Also, I noticed we're still linking to the guidelines on the deprecated
watir_meta gem wiki. I'd like to move that to the website. I tried to
update the content to be more relevant and trim it down. Any feedback on
the sufficiency of this wording?
https://github.com/titusfortner/watir.github.io/blob/a38cbf9b/_pages/help.md#guidelines-for-questions-and-posts

Thanks,
Titus
Before posting, please read https://github.com/watir/watir_meta/wiki/Guidelines-for-Posting-to-Watir-General-Google-Group.
In short: search before you ask, be nice.

watir-***@googlegroups.com
watir-general+***@googlegroups.com
---
NaviHan
2018-08-04 10:44:51 UTC
Great news Titus. I never knew about this blog.
Splendid content at first glance.

Will definitely give feedback once I have a detailed look.

Great to see experts like you contributing to the QA world.